Science for the Benefit of...
Health & Medicine
The Physical World
The Weizmann Institute is making sure that the pace of groundbreaking research remains alive and thriving. Located in Israel and one of the foremost centers of multidisciplinary research in the world, the Institute addresses the most urgent challenges facing humanity:
- Education: Training one out of every three PhDs in science and math in Israel.
- Cancer research: Discovering a non-invasive, FDA-approved method to test for breast cancer without a biopsy.
- Protecting Our Planet: Developing nanomaterials that serve as engine lubricants, thus reducing fuel consumption and air pollution.
- Health & Medicine: Creating diabetes and flu vaccines; using stem cells to grow new organs; and investigating conditions from Alzheimer's to autism.
- Alternative Energy: Investigating microalgae as a new source of biomass to generate clean, sustainable fuel.
Weizmann scientists work in partnership with colleagues across the globe, their shared curiosity helping to create a brighter future.
But the Institute's remarkable achievements are only possible because of the support of people like you. Please make a tax-deductible gift today and honor someone you know who is becoming a part of the Jewish community. Your special donation to the American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science is an investment in vital research that will benefit many generations to come.
If you make a Bar or Bat Mitzvah gift in honor of someone dear to you, we will send a special acknowledgment card with a personalized message from you.