Science for the Benefit of...
Health & Medicine
The Physical World
The Weizmann Institute is making sure that the pace of groundbreaking research never falters. Located in Israel and one of the foremost centers of multidisciplinary research in the world, the Institute addresses the most urgent challenges facing humanity:
- Cancer research: Discovering a non-invasive, FDA-approved method to test for breast cancer without a biopsy.
- Alternative Energy: Investigating microalgae as a new source of biomass to generate clean, sustainable fuel.
- Technology: Inventing a DNA-based biological computer so tiny that a trillion can fit in a test tube.
- Protecting Our Planet: Developing nanomaterials that serve as engine lubricants, thus reducing fuel consumption and air pollution.
- Health & Medicine: Creating diabetes and flu vaccines; using stem cells to grow new organs; and investigating conditions from Alzheimer's to autism.
Weizmann scientists work in partnership with colleagues across the globe, their shared curiosity helping to create a better tomorrow.
But the Institute's remarkable achievements are only possible because of the support of people like you. Please make your tax-deductible gift today so that the American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science may continue to fund vital research for the benefit of humanity.