The American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science (ACWIS) is seeking a qualified candidate to asssit with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants by providing administrative and clerical support to various departments in the National Office as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects as assigned.
- Maintain and update organization’s database to ensure that records of donor contributions, pledges, and related data are complete and accurate and fulfill compliance requirements. Generate mailing lists and run reports from the database.
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of special events under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Financial Resource Development.
- Establish and maintain rapport with donors and prospects through initial and follow-up telephone contact. Obtain general background information on prospects and donors. Assist with thank-you calls to select donors.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memo and emails.
- Respond to inquiries about the Weizmann Institute of Science and send out information when requested.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls. Fax and email correspondence.
- Organize and maintain office files and records. Photocopy materials. Assist with office mailings.
- Assist with general errands pertaining to all office needs.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent organizational, communication, and computer skills.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrate professionalism while collaborating with varying administrative/managerial levels in the organization.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time based on the needs of the office.
- Consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word (including mail merge), Excel, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or Microsoft Access or other comparable databases.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and previous work experience in project support, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
The job operates in a professional office environment, located in mid-town Manhattan.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science
633 Third Avenue, 20th floor, New York, NY 10017
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: (212) 895-7925